...inspired by people, places, philosophies and feelings...an influence of things both external and internal. Embracing the imperfections found in nature, the gemstones in this collection are chosen for their individual beauty. Raw beauty over bling -(artist quote)

A very special friend of Ian has donated a series of beautiful necklaces to the Hope for Ian Adoption Fund. It's all I can do not to keep even one of these stunning pieces for myself!
These pieces and the artist that created them have a special connection to the country Ian is from. What is even more rare, is that each stone she has presented us with cannot be sold in stores because they have what society terms, "a small imperfection." HOW PERFECT!
What beauty and deep cut meaning then, does each of these special, unsellable in stores, imperfect necklaces hold. Ian was taken "off the market" at birth, because of one tiny little extra chromosome that made him unwanted and "imperfect." Looking at him, I see nothing but God's perfection, and I would be proud to "wear" one of these imperfectly cut stones to honor him.
Normally, these lovely necklaces sell for $80 to $155.00 in stores all over the world. They have even been worn around the necks of some very famous folks (look below)
Now, YOU can have own of your very own! All you have to do is click below to make a donation to Ian's adoption fund.
This special event will run until these pieces are gone. A winner will be drawn each time the donation fund reaches $150.00!. When donating, please be sure to note which necklace you would like to win (make a first and second choice) in the message area.
Normally, these lovely necklaces sell for $80 to $155.00 in stores all over the world. They have even been worn around the necks of some very famous folks (look below)

For every $15.00 donated
your name will be entered 1 time in the drawing for a necklace
(an absolute steal if you win!)
For every $40.00 donation
your name will appear 5 times in the drawing!
and, for those who simply must have the very best shot at one of these deliciously delicate pieces of wearable hope
for every $100.00 donation
your name will appear 15 times!
Click HERE to see each individual necklace up close
We are giving away 12 of these perfectly lovely pieces!

Results!
We reached $150 on 4/12/11 we had a drawing and....on 4/12/11, Adriana K.! was the winner. We assigned all the entries a random number and then entered them into a random number generator.

Your next chance to win is when we reach $300.00! Only 15 dollars to go!
***************************************************
Yeah! We reached $300.00 on 4/12/11 and so here are the results of Drawing #2
Tesney D. you have won!
**********************************************************
We reached $450.00 on 4/14/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 3!
Amy L. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $600.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $600.00 on 4/16/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 4!
Polly K. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $750.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $750.00 on 4/19/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 5!
Casey B. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $900.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $900.00 on 4/21/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 6!
Kelly K. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $1050.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $1050.00 on 4/22/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 7!
(We are now using a random number generator as there are SO many entries, too many for the random name generator we were using!)
Kristy F. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $1200.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $1200.00 on 4/22/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 8!
Pam R. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $1350.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $1350.00 on 4/22/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 9!
Ashlei C. you have won!
Next drawing happens when we hit $1500.00 raised for Ian!
*******************************************************
We reached $1500.00 on 4/27/11 and so here are the results of Drawing # 10!
Angela C. you have won!
AND THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE. ALL OF THE NECKLACES HAVE BEEN WON.
(I held this fundraiser back in September and 3 people won, and then this time Adril K. gave her necklace back to us so we could raise more money)
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.
WE ARE ALMOST THERE, PLEASE PRAY FOR A GRANT WE ARE SENDING IN FOR THIS WEEK, IT COULD MEAN IAN COMES HOME IN JULY
THANK YOU TO
MARGARET SOLOW
THE ARTIST WHO HAND CRAFTED THESE BEAUTIFUL PIECES
Praying for you all! We live in St Petersburg, and loved to see your photos. It's shocking that you were just here! Praying for little Ian, and for the finances to come pouring in. I praise God for your willingness to share in His love and heartached for the orphans of this country. Thank you for pouring yourselves out, even bringing your Ari with you! Next time you're here, we'd love to have you all over.
ReplyDeleteMan... I am just seriously hoping I get one of these.... I have donated for a LOT of Giveaways and I am dead serious that I covet this one more than all the others. The symbolism makes them priceless. I'm glad to see that your numbers are rising!! Hurry home Ian!!
ReplyDeleteJulia, LOL! The good news is that there is one more necklace than you think there is because our first winner, fellow adopting mom, Adril, donated the necklace she won right back to the fund raiser, so your chances are still good:) This fund raiser kicked off because of GOD and how he works wonders through YOU and I am so amazed at how far we have all come since the first comment I made on your blog so many months ago. Thank you so much, no words really, except I am always glad that Aaron is home, with you.
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm Kelly K. and I won a necklace ( i think, unless there's another Kelly K...) I was just wondering how to get in touch with you to send you my contact info. Thank you ! - Kelly
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly, I put your necklace in the mail today, to the address that you indicated when you donated:) I hope you love it:)
ReplyDeleteThank you Gretchen! By chance is it possible for you to email me the address where you shipped it to, I go back and forth between both my parents' houses(idr which house i have my paypal set to) so I want to know where to keep an eye out. Thank you so much, sorry to be a hassle!
ReplyDeletekkroeper86 at gmail dot com
Gretchen, I've been reading your story, which I initially heard about through the blog "All Are Precious In His Sight". I was deeply moved by what you're doing, and have donated to your adoption fund. I'm praying daily for your family, especially little Ian. I hope he comes home very, very soon, and that God grants you all the strength to keep waiting on Him.
ReplyDeleteAlyssa in CO
I would like to make a donation and enter the drawing for a necklace if any are left. The Citrine one is my first choice and Smoky topaz is second. How do I send the money?
ReplyDeleteI have 2 grandsons that were adopted from Russia about 5 years ago and they are wonderful blessings to our family. Thank you for giving Ian a loving forever family. God will bless you!
Betty, thank you so much. You can donate using the Help Bring Him Home button on the top right of this blog. The necklace fund raiser has ended but we are always accepting donations through Reece's Rainbow, which you can get to Ian's page using the button on the top right hand side of this blog. Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes. We feel like we are the ones being blessed:)
ReplyDelete